- A power event in our Datacenter overnight has left some of our systems unavailable. We are working to restore connections ASAP
Date \ Time
- 02/03/2023 - 12am
- Hosted services including: VPS, DNS, Web
- All customers connected to our network, and those who use us for DNS hosting
change to name servers ns1.kiwdata.nz ns2.kiwdata.nz
Estimated Time of Repair
- Currently unknown
Unscheduled Outage - DC Power Event - 12am
- A complete incident report has been received from our datacentre provider.
- The cause of the outage was a total loss of power at our outsourced datacentre location, that affected all customers at the location - it is a large and popular location.
- The root cause of the incident is cited as a loss of power in the external local power network in the region of the datacentre, that in turn caused a cascade of subsequent failures in the location related to damage of the power equipment the protected customer equipment during the outage, and cooling equipment failure for power generation onsite.
- Unfortunately due to various circumstances, the combination of failures results in an extended power loss that otherwise would not have occurred.
- There is no additional action we could have taken ourselves to prevent an occurrence of the outage.
- We are introducing in a short time frame, additional geographic redundancy for DNS services that had become unreachable during the power outage at this location.
- We are adding additional redundant notification methods for customers to receive incident notices.
Thursday, March 2, 2023